Home of rpereira's WM 6.5 Stuff

from CAnalogClock, to Bliss, to Crimson Darkness. I've decided to write my own blog, this will provide a bit more freedom that the XDA forums.

Friday, June 5, 2009

CAnalogClock FAQ

FAQ - MUST READ BEFORE POSTING ISSUES!
Q: My clock keeps zooming in and out, it's possessed!
A: There seems to be a time when the clock gets caught in an endless loop. You can fix this one of two ways: Tap the "Reload" softkey that comes by default on the right hand side of the main clock page, or go to Settings > Today > Items and uncheck and re-check "Windows Default".

Q: I installed the cab but I don't see CAnalogClock showing on my screen, what's happening?
A: Since version 0.6b, I have removed the auto-enable feature after install because this seemed to scare a few people off. You will need to manually enable CAnalogClock by going into Start > utilities > CanalogClock Options and going into the "System" page and selecting "CAnalogClock as default clock", if it's already selected, just save the changes.

Q: I downloaded the .cab and after installing, I get an error about ATPluginInstaller.exe
A: This is actually quite common, the reason for this error is that your .cpr files are set to read-only and ATPluginInstaller.exe is unable to do it's job. To fix it, go to \program files\rpereira\CAnalogClock\installer and execute "setup.exe" .

Q: I downloaded the .cab, but when I run it, I get an "unsuccessful" error.
A: Try re-downloadng the cab, sometimes they get corrupt and this might happen.

Q: After running CAnalogClock for some time, it seems to be using more and more memory, why?
A: I'm invesigating this, but it can be easily solved once I've identified the pattern.

Q: The hour hand on the clock only updates once per hour, is this normal?
A: For now, yes, it is. This software is still work in progress and will be improved in the future.

Q: The slideshow shows me a red X every now and then
A: This seems to be a problem with the target directory becoming unavailable when the system sleeps, it will fix itself upon next refresh. I don't have a permanent fix for this as of yet.

Q: When my device is asleep and wakes up, I noticed CAnalogClock has an outdated time and then refreshes itself after a second or two, why is this?
A: In order to save power, when your device sleeps so does CAnalogClock , leaving it on while asleep would turn it into a battery-drain.

Q: I noticed that my battery isn't lasting as much anymore, why?
A: You might be talking a lot on your phone. While you're on a call, CAnalogClock continues to run in the background, and just like any app, it uses system resources such as memory and cpu cycles, this might be the cause. I'll explore available options for future releases such as putting the app asleep while you're on a call or watching videos.

Q: Your plugin sucks, how do I get back to my original Fake clock from Microsoft?
A: Go to CAnalogClock Options, tap on the "System" icon and select "Titanium Clock as default (Restore)" and tap the "Save" button. Yes, the default clock will show at the top position after restore, If you want to move it back down, use showaco's CHome Editor.

Q: Looks like a lot of stuff isn't properly aligned on my screen, what do I do?
A: I only own a WVGA phone, therefore I only take responsibility for ensuring that WVGA/VGA layouts work out fine, screen resolutions such as QVGA/WQVGA/QVGA Square are community supported.

Q: I just installed a custom theme for WM 6.5 and CAnalogClock has dissapeared! how do I get it back?
A: Fix it by running \program files\rpereira\CAnalogClock\installer\setup.exe , after that, go to Start > Settings > Today > Items and disable and enable "Windows Default".

Q: I'm on WQVGA (Omnia) where can I find a good resource for theme and plugin mods?
A: The best place I've found so far is Sector and Genix9 's thread on Modaco, here's the link:
http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-g...search-thread/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels